Thursday, December 10, 2009

Catching Up.....

Obviously, I am behind yet AGAIN!!!! Time is just going faster than I can keep so let me see if I can get you all caught up!!!
We went to WV for Thanksgiving spent time with both sets of grandparents, went to movies and made sure we hit Drovers and DJ's. I was bummed we could not squeeze in DiCarlos :(
Next up, getting the house ready for Christmas! Both trees up and Ginger the kitty has done fairly well with not getting into them. It did help she was declawed and spayed so she has been on the calmer side.
Ashlee's b-day- she had a nice day but because it snuck up on me her kid birthday is not until Jan. Actually she is Ok with her. Part of the problem is her basketball schedule so I waited for that schedule then before I knew it was less than 10 days before her b-day. She is doing ok in b-ball. She is good passer but needs to work on defending and shooting. She is just not sure and is playing with mostly boys.
Allysa has been busy with school, she had her 5th grade play and they went across the US. They sang all the Big 10 songs but when they go to Michigan, well instead of singing there was alot of BOOING!!!! Guess, that is when you know you live in Buckeye country!
As far as football- the Bucks are on the way to the Rose Bowl to play the Ducks! Well, the Steelers have imploded!
Last weekend we had special visit from a highschool friend- Angie McBee. She was in town for her sons hockey game. They had some time to kill in between the games and before OSU/Mich hockey games. The boys had on their Michigan jerseys and the girls did not take that well and changed quickly into their Buckeye gear!
This week is JUST NUTS!!! The Lang girls spent the night so Jay and Brenda could go away for a night and next up the Hile girls!!!! Never a dull moment here!
The most entertaining thing was coming home to the 5 girls and asking why the photos of the girls with Santa were on the kitchen table. Let me give you some backstory- the Macy Day Santa came to their school for a special visit due all their fundraising. So, I ask why and had 5 girls tell me that there is NO WAY those are the real Santa because the real Santa was at the school. To add to it, today Ashlee told me it was the real Santa but the elves were fake. She said they were long hats to hide their human ears :)
For those wondering, YES Jonathan the elf finally arrived.

1 comment:

NANA said...

Great pictures (I can't believe the girls actually let you put those Michigan jerseys in the front row)