Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Fun and Allysa passed her first "Test"

I really wish I could figure out how to have 3 day weekends all the time.......
The weekend started with Ashlee having 2 birthday parties to go to, one Friday and one Saturday. We were up early Saturday to take the girls to tutoring , ran a few errands, cleaned the house and got Ashlee ready for party number 2. While we were at party 2 Kevin was preparing his chili for the neighborhood chili cook off later that evening.
We had decided not to take the kids but at first I was not sure how we were going to do it because paying for a babysitter when you are right next door is not very economical. So, I had a talk with Allysa about doing staying home alone with her sister, her first "trial" at babysitting. She would stay here and watch her sister for a couple of hours while we were right next door. Christa was doing the same thing with her kids but was not sure how Ella and Mas would do since they fight like cats and dogs sorta like my two. So, we hatched the plan that Ella would come here then she would not worry about coming home a disaster and Ella would allow Allysa to concentrate on something other than bossing her little sister around.
As he time approached- Allysa got the lecture.
- Do not answer the door
- Only answer phone if she knows it is my cell phone
- No microwave
- Limits on snacks
- To treat Ella and Ashlee the way she liked to be treated when she had a babysitter.
So, off I went hoping that I did not return to crying and a disaster or get a phone call. The phone did ring but she was calling for Ashlee. Ashlee and Ella were trying to spin their cause for a sleepover. For those who do not know- Ella is my 3rd daughter although I have figured out how to take her as a tax deduction.
When I came home, I was pleasantly surprised. Allysa on a couch, the 2 little ones on floor watching TV. They all said everything went well, there did not appear to be any signs of crying and the house was in one piece. I think I have a good little babysitter in the making, she should get lots of business once she can take the babysitting class at 11.
Kevin got 2nd place and overall favorite for his Chili and Ella and Ashlee got their sleepover- they both fell asleep on the floor.
Stay tuned the next few weekends are busy especially with the Steelers in the superbowl!!!
The slideshow is mix of some winter fun and the chili cook off . Enjoy!!

1 comment:

stefanie g. said...

great entry! i can't believe they are babysitting now!! you and christa were pretty smart.... :)