Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Blast From the Past!!!


It has been a rough week but today a nice blast from the past brought a smile to my face :) !!!
As we go through phases of our lives there are special people in each and today I got see one of those very special people. In my early-late 20's I lived in burgh and was surrounded by a great group of people and hold those memories closely. Unfortunately other than Christmas cards or email, I rarely get to see them!
So, the manager of the respiratory department had met with me a few weeks ago and we found out we had a few things in common; he lives between Hilliard/Dublin and knew two of my former pals from the burgh- Don and Bill who are now in sales for respiratory equipment. Ironically he and the Medical Director of the PICU(who was an ICU fellow during those times-obviously now very successful) had both told me they were just there( I was bummed). Upon leaving, he told me the next time they were visiting at the hospital he would let me know.
Well, he emailed and called today to tell me Bill was here and did I want to come over to the hospital to see him. As I am crossing the street, I sense people are looking and look up there is Dan and Bill(sticking his tongue out at me which means I did the same).
It was a breath of fresh air to see him and realize that some people remain the same and Bill is one( I am blessed with a few such friends)!!! We went down memory lane, caught up on few old friends and then he got paged back OR. He promised the next time they are back he will call and we will try to get together(of course that means girl busting in on boys night out)!
I am still smiling thinking about- it brings back a lot of wonderful memories in and out of hospital! I always loved when we were all on the same shifts together, it made work fun even in the most stressful times and usually meant trouble!!! Plus, it was always fun when we went after work especially after working nights( yes there was small bar down street open at 7am for people like us)!!!
Cheers to good friends and good memories!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great. I know you have such great memories of the burgh and so many people that entered your life there. What a great thing to be able to see and talk to them again.

DougJillAbsandAl said...

That is awesome! I love catching up with old friends!

stefanie g. said...

yay for old friends! don't they just have a way of renewing your soul?

James family and pets said...

How fun, I do love getting together with old friends.
It always seems like no time has passed at all.