Saturday, January 8, 2011

Officially Spooked and In Loving Memory.............

In the EARLY morning hours I was dreaming. I remember my parents in it and then sitting on the floor was my Aunt Kath. I kept asking my mom "Why is Aunt Kath here and she looks the same, Aunt Kath is gone Why is she here"??? About that time I woke up and realized it was a just a DREAM, however it felt so REAL!!! I kept wondering why was I dreaming of Aunt Kath nothing was going on that I was aware of, at least not consciously ....
I began to think about the time of year and slowly realized it was early January and about the time she passed away. So, I spent the first few minutes of the morning searching frantically for something my cousin Stephanie had sent that had the exact date she passed.
GUESS WHAT???
You GOT it, she left this world and went onto heaven exactly 4 years ago today January 8th, 2007!

Although, I believe that those we love who go onto Heaven and do watch over us this has thrown me for a loop this morning and I am a little SPOOKED. This is not the first time I had a dream with her or Grandmother in it that it felt so REAL you forgot they were really gone for a minute.
However, it does make me sad today because it makes me realize that the whole in my heart is not gone! Today, the whole seems even larger! I know it will go away again and in my heart I think her appearance today is to remind me she is still keeping watching out for me and everyone else she loved.
As you have figured out my Aunt Kath was one person who greatly impacted my life and who I am. My Aunt Kath was tough as nails, the "F" bombs flew frequently when I was little( which till this day is a memory that makes me smile) but she was ABSOLUTELY one of MOST LOVING and CARING people I have ever met or had the pleasure of knowing. My Aunt Kath was there for everything, I always knew I could talk to her about anything. She was my safety net and I my heart breaks every time I think of what her grandchildren and my girls are missing. With that said, I am blessed and grateful for all the time I had with her and hope that I can pass some of that onto them.
I would end this by saying Rest in Peace Aunt Kath but I know that is not happening, she along with my Grandmothers are giving God a run for his money and I am sure Heaven is one happening place. I love and Miss You!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jodi that is such a nice tribute to Kathy, and you are 100% right, she was one awesome lady. But never forget she is always walking right beside you, and there when you need her. Love ya!!!
Joan

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said more. I miss you KATH love mom

Anonymous said...

Love the post Jodi
MISS YOU EVERYDAY AUNT KATHY!!

-Stephanie