Sunday, July 11, 2010

Where to Begin????

Let me think where to begin since I last took the time to blog. I really do wish I was more consistent at updating the blog.

We went to Charleston WV to see my brother and his family the last weekend in June. We went to BBQ festival, which I can say was quite interesting especially the beer and food lines. I think fun was had by all Then we went to another festival down at the library on Sat and girls had GREAT time again. Melissa took me to this unique little store and I was able to get a couple of cool birthday gifts for my friends with B-days in July!

Next up, the 4th of July weekend!!!! This is always one of my favorites and I was not quite sure how it was going to play out this because health issues with a few friends. I am happy to say it went off like every other year minus the rain ( which made Beth very happy)!!! It started with a GNO with Jen to see Eclipse! I was very happy that this one was much closer to book and VERY good!!! I am ready for the next book and movie 4!!!! I think Jen is already counting the days!

Saturday we spent the evening with the Langs and that was an absolute wonderful time!! The girls had blast together. The adults enjoyed a nice evening with very little drama. Thanks to the Langs!

Then we did what we normally do every 4th and went to James' for cookout and swimming. Like I said the weather was GORGEOUS which I know made Beth very happy because she swears it rains whenever she hosts!!! This was an unusually special 4th since we were not sure if Beth and Greg would host due to Beth's surgery a few days before. Beth being who she is likes tradition and decided to have anyway. Of course, I thought she was crazy and made her promise she would just chill!!! She did and it was wonderful day making it even more special was have Jim and Amanda there too since that was even up in the air!!!!!!!!!!!! I think a good time was had by all especially Beth's cousin Alex who was introduced to Sweet Tea Vodka!

It was one of those days/weekends where you look around and think how lucky you are for this day and the amazing friends and life you have~

Of course, who does not love good news. Beth is doing well and the reports were all good!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all for your prayers! Also, Ali just spent time in NYC for her make a wish and danced on broadway. I can not wait to hear how the she did and her thoughts!!! Something tells me she will want to move there and do it all the time!!!

Next up, my b-day more to come on that later next week or whenever I get to it :)


No comments: