Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summer 2009- Flying By!!!

I want it to Stop!!!!
Summer is just flying on by, I think it is worse this year because we really have not had a "normal" summer!!! The girls are not ready to go back to school in just few weeks and it is sad to say we have been doing some school shopping and looking at book bags. With all that said, we managed to enjoy another great summer weekend.
Friday- we were at the Hodel's celebrating Gregg's early graduation from high school and 18th birthday. The reason it was all the more special- Gregg is off to the Canadian Jr. Hockey League. He has been working hard for many years so it is VERY nice to see his hard work and dreams coming true. Hopefully, we will see him in the NHL someday!
Sat.- We had a great day with my mom who brought the girls back Friday. They of course had a wonderful time with both their grandparents last week. We went to the "beer Olympics" next door. It looked like the clan from Pinefield was going to beat some of our guys but they pulled it out and Kevin won- not sure we should be proud of this :).
Sun- the girls had their pictures taken professionally at Hayden Falls!!! I am sooooo anxious to see them, the ones I took after were just a taste of what I am going to see. Nana left so I am sure they are sad but they have a great week at Angies to look forward toooo.

3 comments:

NANA said...

We had a great time with the girls too and I enjoyed my weekend with you. I'm just SO PROUD of Kevin. What more could a mother want for her daughter than a beer pong Champ (or is that Chump)

Love Ya

WineLover said...

This summer has gone insanely fast :-(
I watched the playoffs in the Beer Olympics - your husband and Kelly were champs! he might have a future in the bigs!

James family and pets said...

I'm cracking up reading your mom's comments! Sorry I missed the finals of beer olympics, I would have liked seeing Kevin go all the way.