Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Madness of the Tooth Fairy.....

I am not sure who thought of the tooth fairy ( I am sure I could google it and find out), however I have decided they are someone who had too much time on their hands or did not sleep. When Allysa was losing her teeth it never seemed to bother me but she lost teeth so slowly you did not think about it. She did not even lose her 1st tooth until 1st grade unlike Ashlee who started in kindergarten.
The past year the the tooth fairy has made way too many visits- at least 8 for Ashlee and 4 for Allysa, two of those in the past two days. Trying to sneak is getting harder and harder . I am probably a cheap tooth fairy- $ 5 for the first and $1.25 for every tooth thereafter but I never seem to have cash at those moments. Heck I had to have Christa bail me out when Ashlee lost her first because I had no cash at 8 pm and Kevin was out of town so I could not even leave to get some. I find it sad when you have to go the neighbor for 5 dollars for the tooth fairy. Too bad, you cannot use your debit card :)
Also, I know some of you are asking how did you come up with a buck twenty five, I suspect when Allysa lost her 2nd tooth that was all I had so that has been the tradition. I will be glad when this phase is over because I am going to get caught soon or not wake up, either way I am in hot water with someone in my house. Ashlee is working on another tooth so I suspect the tooth fairy will make another visit in the next week. For those of you who have not had this experience, enjoy!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

At least your tooth fairy comes. Ours has a bad case of forgetfulness. Alayna finally gave up one time! How embarassing!

James family and pets said...

Greg was always our tooth fairy because he stayed up so late. And it was easy for us, Sarah refused to put the tooth under her pillow (she was afraid of the tooth fairy coming into her room) so we put the teeth in the mailbox. No need to sneak into the room at night.