Sunday, January 31, 2010

BB, Concerts and Chili Cook Off................

Our newest hardware! The Bulls started the tradition of the Westbrooke Chili Cook Off last year. We won popular vote last year but knew to knock the Juengers off we would have to step it up a notch!!! There was some neighborly trash talkin on FB but in the end Kevin pulled it off and won 1st Place. The trophy has now moved to our house (at least until next year). The bummer is the 3rd annual cook off will have to start a new tradition with the winner hosting since the Bulls will be leaving us soon (parts still unknown). Kelly is going to have to give me all the rules etc... because I doubt I can pull it off without them. She has this down to a science!
The last two weeks have been filled with basketball and the Brad Paisley concert. Ashlee finished up basketball this past Sunday, she says she still likes it so next year I am going to have to find an all girl alternative. I wish the Y had this because I am not sure she is ready for competitive basketball through other organizations, she still needs to learn and build her confidence. She wants to play soccer so I have her talked into trying somewhere else that will teach her more of skills instead of spring soccer through the HOSA. If she does well, then maybe next year she can play there.
Last weekend we went with the Bensons to dinner and the Brad Paisley Concert!!! It was fun, Brad puts on one hell of show!!! It was also a great night getting to know the Bensons better, we have known them for years but not "known" them!!! I love getting to know people It was an overall great time!!!!

2 comments:

the4bulls said...

It's probably best you won. We don't have a cool mantle to display it on :-)

MOM said...

Looks good on the mantle!!!!!!!